How Does This Legacy Live On in St*pleton?
- Neighborhood is exclusive to higher income levels
- Racially homogeneous/white
- What was supposed to be a community with seamless boundaries feels like a gated community (full of parks, good schools, amenities)
- Lack of affordable housing and prices out moderate incomes
- Stapleton name is legacy of KKK in Denver
- Failure of the Stapleton development to live up to it’s goals to reflect the racial and other diversity of the surrounding communities and to provide affordable and rental housing 10% and 30% of total housing stock, respectively.
See Forest City Stapleton 2015 Marketing Plan, where they list their weaknesses.
What else is this related to in Denver?
- Denver’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day Marade fought with white supremacists for permits and public space
- School to prison pipeline
- Preschool to prison pipeline
- Racial profiling
- DPS’ Bailey Report
- White supremacy recruitment flyers around East HS
- Ditch the Ditch
- Bigotry at Manual High School
- Structural Racism
- System of Oppression
- Redlining & Steering
- White Only Neighborhoods in Colorado and Denver
- The Mascot Issue
- Affordable Housing Crisis
- Police Brutality
- Muslim Ban Protesters Threatened at DIA
- Mango House Refugees Threatened
- Activists Targeted by Law Enforcement
- Hate Groups
- Results of the SUN Vote
- Graffiti at Isabella Bird Community School
Sign Our Petition
Suggest A Name
Rename St*pleton for All does not directly or indirectly participate in, or intervene in, any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for elective public office (IRS 501c3 Restrictions).